Community Service opportunities
Interested in volunteering and earning some community service hours?
Blood Drives - Students can receive 1 hour of community service for any time that they give blood
- Decatur County World's Largest Coon Hunt- Jeannie Keeton 731.852.3143
- Carl Perkin's Bass Classic- Clay Jordan 731.695.1797
- Carl Perkin's Dancing With the Stars- Clay Jordan 731. 695.1797
- Carl Perkin's Fashion Show- Clay Jordan 731.695.1797
- TN River Agricultural EXPO (TRAE)- Billy Vestal 731.549.5146
- Junior Pro Basketball Coaching- Nelda Pritchard 731.549.4970
- Lexington Food Pantry- Lorie Beecham 731.968.2116
- Sycamore Shoals Contact Ranger Jason Davis or call him at 423-543-5808.
- Unicoi County Animal Shelter Kids can volunteer if 16/17 with a parent/guardian signature or 18 and over without guardian signature. 1-5 pm Monday through Saturday
- Second Harvest Food Bank Monday through Friday, 9:00 am to 12:00 pm and 1:00 pm to 3:30 pm. Second Tuesday and Thursday of each month from 5:00 pm-7:00 pm and the third Saturday from 9:00 am -12:00 pm. Please call to confirm availability if you are interested in any of these options.
- First United Methodist Church-Lexington has a food pantry and other community service projects. Contact Danny & Barbara Ratliff 214-934-8300
- Henderson County Chamber of Commerce has numerous events eligible for community service. Contact Kim at 968-2126
- Woodland Homes Elderly Residents 967-0057 Robbie Jowers or Sherry 968-7008
- Montgomery After School Reading Program contact Shelia Clark 798-8822 or Arlinda Johnson 968-4429
- Broad Street Church of Christ Luncheon 2nd Saturday of each month 8:30-12:30 or clean up 11:00-1:00 students can just show up or contact Judy Melton 225-3026.
- Friends of Natchez Trace State Park contact Cindy Hatch at 968-3260 or 798-0357.
- The Lexington-Henderson County Library needs help on Saturdays from 8 a.m. to 12 noon and possible weekdays from 3-4 p.m. Contact Crystal Ozier at 968-3239
- The Backpack Program-Henderson Co. - contact Brenda Scott, Director of Coordinated School Health at 968-2109
- TCAT Lexington contact Debbie Lancaster at 967-1795 ext. #100
- Montgomery Head Start contact Kim Lovins at 614-3200.
- First Baptist Church-Lexington contact Angela Henderson at 614-0294.
- Lexington Manor contact Vickie Hunter at 968-2004 Monday – Friday.
- Second Harvest Food Bank link
- Avalon Hospice Volunteers needed to sit with patients in their home or a facility and simply talk to them, read, sing, play games--whatever they are comfortable with. We also have volunteers that work here in our office arranging flowers, answering phones, and filing papers. Sign up: Volunteer Match Website ; Contact: Sara Johnson at 931-563-7784 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hope Botanical Garden is being developed on a for acre site in Leoma and will open to the public in 2020. Volunteer opportunities include building paths, building plant beds, spreading rock, and planting flowers, shrubs, and trees. Contact: Sherri Hughes shughes@
- National Public Lands Day Hikes Tennessee State Parks, Friends Groups and Tennessee State Natural Areas are hosting a variety of volunteerstewardship projects, hikes and interpretive programs for all ages.This year, we have a variety of events and service projects planned, including litter clean-ups, trail maintenance, hikes and even a few canoe floats. Events are being held at different times throughout the day and some parks are having multiple events. Please click HERE to find an opportunity in your area and register.
- Patches Inc supports Foster Care families. Duties would include: Folding, sorting, hanging clothes, and cleaning up the building. Contacts: Betty Emerson 931-231-4904 OR Tommy Emerson 931-629-4659
- St. Joseph Senior Center Swamp John’s (four times a year): Put up and take down advertisement signs along roadway. Assist in serving food and clean up. Yard & Bake Sale (twice a year): Put up and take down advertisement signs along roadway. Assist seniors during sale- Help pack items at end of sale. Need assistance with general upkeep (seasonal decorations, window washing, replacing fluorescent bulbs, etc.) Contact: Merry Gabel 931-845-4194 or 931-212-1727