Community Service opportunities
Interested in volunteering and earning some community service hours?
Blood Drives - Students can receive 1 hour of community service for any time that they give blood
- Decatur County World's Largest Coon Hunt- Jeannie Keeton 731.852.3143
- Carl Perkin's Bass Classic- Clay Jordan 731.695.1797
- Carl Perkin's Dancing With the Stars- Clay Jordan 731. 695.1797
- Carl Perkin's Fashion Show- Clay Jordan 731.695.1797
- TN River Agricultural EXPO (TRAE)- Billy Vestal 731.549.5146
- Junior Pro Basketball Coaching- Nelda Pritchard 731.549.4970
- Lexington Food Pantry- Lorie Beecham 731.968.2116
- Sycamore Shoals Contact Ranger Jason Davis or call him at 423-543-5808.
- Unicoi County Animal Shelter Kids can volunteer if 16/17 with a parent/guardian signature or 18 and over without guardian signature. 1-5 pm Monday through Saturday
- Second Harvest Food Bank Monday through Friday, 9:00 am to 12:00 pm and 1:00 pm to 3:30 pm. Second Tuesday and Thursday of each month from 5:00 pm-7:00 pm and the third Saturday from 9:00 am -12:00 pm. Please call to confirm availability if you are interested in any of these options.
- First United Methodist Church-Lexington has a food pantry and other community service projects. Contact Danny & Barbara Ratliff 214-934-8300
- Henderson County Chamber of Commerce has numerous events eligible for community service. Contact Kim at 968-2126
- Woodland Homes Elderly Residents 967-0057 Robbie Jowers or Sherry 968-7008
- Montgomery After School Reading Program contact Shelia Clark 798-8822 or Arlinda Johnson 968-4429
- Broad Street Church of Christ Luncheon 2nd Saturday of each month 8:30-12:30 or clean up 11:00-1:00 students can just show up or contact Judy Melton 225-3026.
- Friends of Natchez Trace State Park contact Cindy Hatch at 968-3260 or 798-0357.
- The Lexington-Henderson County Library needs help on Saturdays from 8 a.m. to 12 noon and possible weekdays from 3-4 p.m. Contact Crystal Ozier at 968-3239
- The Backpack Program-Henderson Co. - contact Brenda Scott, Director of Coordinated School Health at 968-2109
- TCAT Lexington contact Debbie Lancaster at 967-1795 ext. #100
- Montgomery Head Start contact Kim Lovins at 614-3200.
- First Baptist Church-Lexington contact Angela Henderson at 614-0294.
- Lexington Manor contact Vickie Hunter at 968-2004 Monday – Friday.
- Second Harvest Food Bank link