Middle TN- Regional Coordinator
Full Time Exempt Professional
Plans, directs and coordinates administration of Ayers Scholars Program Model for the benefit of students graduating from communities served by The Ayers Foundation and related entities, demonstrating ability to see the “big picture” to best meet the needs of the students and the Foundation’s mission. Position is responsible for tracking time allocation for responsibilities listed below for accurate grant reporting.
- Serve as a regional contact person to build deep, creative collaborations with a wide variety of organizations and institutions that impact postsecondary education access and success.
- Oversees schools within The Ayers Foundation's Rural Expansion and Rooted Expansion
- Serve on committees, advisory boards, task forces, etc. when requested or representation is significant to The Ayers Foundation Scholars Program Model
- Make timely and effective decisions and produce results through strategic planning and the implementation and evaluation of programs and policies.
- Establish and maintain relationships with school administrations (Principals/Director of Schools/Counselors/etc.), community, government, and higher education staff.
- Supervise The Ayers Foundation Program staff within the region, conducting regular on-site visits to ensure compliance with critical deadlines and tasks
- Support and train counselors in individual, group, and family counseling to prepare students to enter and remain in post-secondary education.
- Provide direction, mentorship and guidance for counselors in their performance
- Plan and assist coordination of resources across regions and college visits as a group; helps parents/guardians arrange individual visits when necessary.
- Conduct team meetings and individual supervisions, including on-site meetings at designated Ayers Foundation Scholars Program expansion schools.
- Educate Counselors on finding financial aid, scholarships, and grants.
- Monitors data to ensure timely escalation of concerns and/or problems.
- Responsible for overall quality, success, and outcomes of The Ayers Foundation Scholars Program for the designated region- this includes college visits, fairs, summits and future programs to enhance college going culture.
- Analyze data and evaluate progress towards overall program goals.
- Monitors and manages budgets and seeks ways to reduce costs
- Leadership and Management abilities to oversee Counselors and staff.
- Ability to build trust among team and stakeholders.
- Consistently being a mission driven agent of change, comfortable in ambiguous situations.
- Role Model displaying calm, confident, confidential Leadership behavior
- Display an exemplary team mindset while maintaining a high level of pride in work and accept responsibility for actions and decisions.
- Develop the ability to anticipate potential problem areas and take preventative corrective action.
- Demonstrate openness and honesty in communications and interactions.
- Display professionalism when dealing with stressful and/or uncomfortable situations, not allow emotions to interfere in work and interactions with others.
- Excellent communication skills, is detail-oriented, goal-oriented, and task driven
- Proficiency in computer skills including but not limited to: Microsoft, Google Enterprise, Salesforce, Banner and other platforms as needed
- Other duties that may become necessary and directed by the Executive Director of The Ayers Foundation.
- Master’s degree in Counseling or higher; minimum 2 years of Management experience preferred
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Sitting, standing, driving, traveling, lifting up to 15lbs
- Ability to walk 1-3 miles for campus tours and visits if needed
- Hearing/Speaking effectively as required for communication
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this job classification. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by the personnel so classified, and the expectation is that the job holder will do whatever is needed to get the job done.
***It is the policy of The Ayers Foundation not to discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee, on the basis of age, color, sex, creed, disability, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, veteran status, or any other category protected by state and/or federal civil rights laws.***