Columbia State Community College- Lawrence County Campus
Full Time Exempt Professional
Plans, directs and coordinates administration of TN Promise, retention, and completion for The Ayers Scholars Program Model for the benefit of students graduating from Ayers Foundation High Schools. Able to see the “big picture” to best meet the needs of the students and the Foundation’s mission.
- Responsible for meeting with each student individually to identify needs to enter or remain in post-secondary education
- Work closely with post-secondary institutions on the behalf of the students and partner with the Ayers Foundation Counselors
- Experience in Financial Aid, Academic/Graduation/Transfer Requirements
- Help students find and apply for all forms of Financial Aid
- Assimilate to institutional environment, building relationships with faculty, staff and Administration
- Connect students to appropriate on-campus resources to facilitate retention and completion goals
- Partner with TAF Counselor on Admissions, Orientation, Enrollment, Financial Aid and Completion.
- Complete data requests as advised
- Develop the ability to anticipate potential problem areas and take preventative corrective action.
- Maintain accurate records while building relationships with students, as well as internally and externally across multiple institutions
- Excellent communication skills, is detail-oriented, goal-oriented, and task driven
- Display an exemplary team mindset while maintaining a high level of pride in work and accept responsibility for actions and decisions.
- Demonstrate openness and honesty in communications and interactions.
- Display professionalism when dealing with stressful and/or uncomfortable situations, not allow emotions to interfere in work and interactions with others.
- Has abilities oversee student and Foundation needs
- Possesses a passion to help team members and clients, as well as ability to see the big picture and plan out details
- Proficiency in computer skills including but not limited to: Microsoft, Google Enterprise, Salesforce, Banner and other platforms as needed
- Other duties that may become necessary and directed by the Executive Director of The Ayers Foundation.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher; minimum 2 years of relevant experience preferred
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Sitting, standing, driving, traveling, lifting up to 15lbs
- Ability to walk 1-3 miles for campus tours and visits if needed
- Hearing/Speaking effectively as required for communication
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this job classification. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by the personnel so classified, and the expectation is that the job holder will do whatever is needed to get the job done.
***It is the policy of The Ayers Foundation not to discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee, on the basis of age, color, sex, creed, disability, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, veteran status, or any other category protected by state and/or federal civil rights laws.***