The Ayers Foundation- Finance
Full Time Exempt Professional
Assists in Accounting, Financials and Reporting for the Ayers Foundation
- Responsible for all Accounts Payable processes, to include obtaining W-9's and certificates of insurance.
- Assist with Payroll posting and reconciliation.
- Responsible for annual 1099's (prepare internally or oversee preparation by accounting firm).
- Perform a detailed review of all expense reports to include verifying amounts are within State regulations for grants when applicable.
- Prepare State templates for travel expenses as required by applicable grants.
- Approve all expense reports.
- Prepare all bank reconciliations monthly.
- Prepare balance sheet reconciliations as assigned by the Director of Accounting.
- Prepare and/or assist with grant and financial reporting.
- Assist with budget set up and monitoring.
- Assist with preparing information and schedules for filing of 990 tax from.
- Other various assignments as requested by the Director of Accounting or the Grant Administrator
- Display exemplary team mindset while maintaining a high level of pride in work and accepts responsibility for actions and decisions.
- Develop the ability to anticipate potential problem areas and take the preventative corrective action.
- Demonstrate openness and honesty in communications and interactions.
- Display professionalism when dealing with stressful and/or uncomfortable situations, not allow emotions to interfere in work and interactions with others.
- Possesses a passion to help team members and clients, as well as ability to see the big picture and plan out details
- Direct communications, is detail-oriented, goal-oriented, and task driven
- Other duties that may become necessary and directed by leadership
- Bachelor’s degree preferred with minimum of 5 years of Accounting experience
- Competent with Excel, Word, Google Enterprise and SAGE accounting software
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Sitting, standing, driving, traveling and repetitive motion from computer use
- Ability to walk 1-3 miles for campus tours and visits if needed
- Hearing/Speaking effectively as required for communication
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this job classification. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by the personnel so classified, and the expectation is that the job holder will do whatever is needed to get the job done.
***It is the policy of The Ayers Foundation not to discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee, on the basis of age, color, sex, creed, disability, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, veteran status, or any other category protected by state and/or federal civil rights laws.***