Student Success Coordinator
Open to Full-Time Exempt or Part- Time Non-Exempt Professionals
Implement the Ayers Scholars Program in assigned partner high school. The Student Success Coordinator works closely with the College Access Counselors in their county to assist and provide support in a multitude of essential areas. The Student Success Coordinator partners with other Ayers Scholars Program staff to ensure electronic databases are kept up to date. This includes providing high-touch interactions with high school and college students to ensure eligibility requirements are maintained and barriers are identified and mitigated.
- Assist in Ayers Scholars Program implementation by answering basic questions and directing students and families to appropriate resources for additional assistance.
- Assist the Ayers Scholars Program in tracking, monitoring, and identifying sources of community service to meet Tennessee Promise eligibility requirements.
- Partner with College Access Counselors to identify, prioritize, and contact students who need to complete essential tasks such as FAFSA completion, Tennessee Promise eligibility requirements, college applications, etc.
- Partner with the College Access Counselor to help students and families apply for financial aid annually and comply with all necessary financial aid deadlines and requirements.
- Support Ayers Scholars Program efforts to provide services to 8th -12th grade students through relationship building, events, presentations, etc. Support all Ayers Scholars Program events and services. Continue to communicate with students through postsecondary completion to ensure each student is successful.
- Partner with the College Access Counselor to maintain ongoing data collection on student college preparation progress and success (e.g., student rosters, student demographic information, Tennessee Promise meetings, financial aid awarded, college enrollment status, college enrollment documentation, etc.) and complete reports documenting progress and outcome data as required.
- Manage office and office supply inventory.
- In high schools where Ayers Scholarships are distributed, monitor Ayers Scholarship contracts to ensure continuing eligibility when applicable.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Exemplary team mindset while maintaining a high level of pride, openness, and honesty in all aspects of work.
- High accountability for actions and decisions.
- Superior relationship-building skills and ability to establish rapport with wide range of personalities and backgrounds.
- Proactive attitude with ability to anticipate and diffuse problems.
- Effective stress management skills under pressure with ability to maintain professionalism and carry out work duties.
- Appropriate prioritization of urgent matters while managing multiple time-sensitive tasks.
- This position reports to the Regional Director.
- This position receives daily direction and delegation from the College Access Counselors in their county and the Director of Postsecondary Success.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; HS diploma required
- Proficient with database entry, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word. Salesforce platform experience beneficial
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of students, parents/guardians, and educational institutions
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function.
- Sitting, standing, driving, lifting up to 15lbs, repetitive motion from computer use
- Ability to walk 1-3 miles for campus tours and visits
- Hearing/Speaking effectively as required for communication
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this job classification. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by the personnel so classified, and the expectation is that the job holder will do whatever is needed to get the job done.